Saturday, June 24, 2006

Livin' la vida loca ....

I woke up this morning to the sound of my phone ringing.... I didn't take the call because I don't talk to people on the phone when I am still half asleep. Whoever that was, they had to call back or I would do that. Later.

Overwhelming joy to be in my own apartment again! To wake up in my own enormous 4 poster bed, to open my eyes and see familiar things around me (for once!!).... To prepare my own coffee the way I like it and organise my day as I consider appropriate. Sometimes I just realise with astonishment that it takes so little to make one happy or .... at least just pleased. And vice - versa, unfortunately.

Yesterday was a crazy day... I spent exactly 7 (seven!) hours travelling from Poznan to my apartment in Brussels (this including time spent waiting for planes, time spent in taxi's, etc.). I had to fly from Poznan to Warsaw and from Warsaw to Brussels, both flights being delayed. When I finally got to my place last night (around midnight), I was utterly knackered and completely annoyed by a way too chatty taxi driver who kept bugging me for the entire journey in his stupid taxi. Until I just said "look, sir, I am very tired and just want to get home!". And he finally got it.... I will write in length about taxi drivers soon.

I might have been very tired and upset yesterday but now, on second thoughts, I simply feel that it was all worth it! I am home again (even if only for the week-end as I am off to Poland again very early on Monday) and looking forward to a great week-end. On top of everything, hey, the holiday is so close!!

I am in a hurry to finish and publish this post as the City is awaiting me....

No comments: