Sunday, June 18, 2006

Arrival in Krakow ....

Our flight from Warsaw to Krakow was delayed by approximately 1 hour on Friday afternoon. This gave us the "opportunity"of waiting in an absolutely packed waiting room in Warsaw domestic airport and to watch the second part of the match Argentina vs Montenegro ... Amazing game!!

I do not remember much of the flight itself because, as soon as we stepped onto the plane and I was politely told by the steward that I was to switch off my iPod during take off, I fell in a deep sleep which lasted almost until we landed. Probably the awful heat in the plane was also to blame for that and, of course, my very short night sleep the night before.... Anyway, I have a reputation of being able to sleep anywhere - car, train, plane, etc. so this was just to enhance it.

One hour and a few not so serious turbulences later we happily landed in Krakow, jumped in a taxi and headed for our hotel. I have to admit that the Polish are really nice and helpful people, more than willing to please tourists. Thus (sic!) the taxi driver kept pointing at various attractions and giving us details about them in a broken English. The coolness in the taxi was more than welcome and James Blunt on the radio was more than we girls could have wanted or indeed hoped for!

And so our week-end in Krakow began ...

No comments: