Thursday, June 15, 2006

On relationships

I have been thinking about relationships and our difficulty of getting in and out of one.

Looking around me, I see people who, after having craved for a long lasting, true relationship, when they finally land one, become unhappy and start finding faults with it. There are other people who are reluctant to end a relationship as they are afraid of being alone, dying miserable and being devoured by their pets because there would be nobody to check on them from time to time. Is it possible to fake entire relationships and why can we not be true at least to ourselves.

I also wonder if we are still able to desperately, crazily fall in love, as we were at 15, without constantly trying to measure our and our partner's involvement.

There are also people who collect affairs as I collect shoes, just for the sake of pleasing their ego and adding one more name on the list. I wonder if these people are really capable of loving anybody or is it just a facade. I wonder if it's really self-flattering to collect broken hearts...

In the end everybody wants somebody to grow old with and is ready to make compromises for it... But compromises are good only when in moderate quantities!

2 comments:

fiftypounder said...

Absolutely superb!! I could not of put it better for want of trying. This is obviously written by someone that enjoys digesting details. Someone that has an eye for the accute and obscure.

Wildcat said...

Flattering comments...