Thursday, July 13, 2006

When sleep is something you long for....

I have been trying to sleep for more than an hour now... This is something which happens to me rarely - I am perceived to be able to fall asleep more or less everywhere. But tonight it's worse because my body is exhausted, it's simply craving for sleep while my mind is still wandering...

Listening to Dire Straits (this is soothing) .... Checking if there is anybody online - I would now need to speak to a friend on the phone until I fall alseep (this has helped in the past). Obviously, this would not be extremely polite of me, I know, but the friend is understanding and has never held it against me! Thank you, my friend.

I need somebody who would just say "everything will be alrighty", superbly and generously disregarding all the things which might actually go very wrong.... but who would say it with conviction. Somebody who would even make me believe it.

Indeed, folks, I am looking forward to the holiday! We are off to .... China :-) on Saturday and back home on the 3rd of August!

It might be possible for us to be incommunicado while we are there, as the poor European mobiles seemingly do not function in China : -( . So both friends and the blog will be have to bear with me for a while ... I hope I will still have friends when I come home!! Anyway, if I am lucky enough to connect to the internet while I am there, I will definitely try and update my blog so at least you know about me.

Hey .... I think that the blog therapy has really done the trick this time! I think I am now prepared to get into bed and .... SLEEP!

No comments: