Monday, July 10, 2006

Hello blog!

I am lying in bed, in a hotel in Amsterdam, feeling very apologetic for not having updated my blog in such a long time! When I started this online diary, I intended to be a constant writer and, instead, I ended up being a very lazy and careless one!!

I have been thinking about long term relationships that end in a divorce. Very sad. A friend has just announced that he is no longer a married man... And I suddenly felt quite sad, even though I had known that this would happen sooner or later and the divorce dragged on for a while. I did not know if "congratulations" or "I am sorry" was the right thing to say. I felt awkward, confused and.... sad. I know he is relieved that the agony of the divorce is over and he can now start afresh. And I wish him the best of luck!

On the other hand, I wonder if it's right to stay in a marriage only for the children's sake. And what should you do when there are no butterflies in your stomach anymore? But you long for them. Is it possible to revive inert relationships? Should we really settle for passion turned into mere friendship and mild, convenient domestic love? Or should we rather run off, in search of real love, ridiculous, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other type of love? Would that be considered cowardice and selfishness or bravery and consideration? It is probably up to each of us to decide... I do not possess any answers!!

I am very tired and tomorrow will be a very busy day... I need my bed now ... Good night, blog!

No comments: